[CentOS] Real sh? Or other efficient shell for non-interactive scripts

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Apr 27 10:43:07 UTC 2015

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 3:04 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> > >
> > My first RH was 5, late nineties. First time I looked at linux and
> > installed, it was '95, and slack. (We'll ignore the Coherent that I
> > installed on my beloved 286 in the late 80's).
> > <snip>
>
> You mean you missed all the fun with Xenix on Radio Shack Model 16's
> and SysV on AT&T's weird 3b machines?

You do not neet to ;-)

I started with UNOS in 1982 as my first UNIX like. UNOS in fact was the first
UNIX clone and it was a real time OS.

In February 1985, I switched to a Sun....the first Sun that made it to Europe.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin