[CentOS] Real sh? Or other efficient shell for non-interactive scripts

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Apr 27 21:04:14 UTC 2015

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> OK, great.  That clears it up then.
> >
> > Maybe this helps:
> >
> > The BSD license does not permit to relicense the code, so you cannot put BSD
> > code under the GPL.
>
> Yes, if you mean what is described here as 'the original 4-clause'
> license, or BSD-old:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses

Do you like to discuss things or do you like to throw smoke grenades?

> > The BSD license permits to mix a source file under BSD license with some lines
> > under a different license if you document this. But this is not done in all
> > cases I am aware of.
>
> But you can't add the 'advertising requirement' of the 4-clause BSD to
> something with a GPL component because additional restrictions are
> prohibited.
>
> > Up to now, nobody could explain me how a mixture of GPL and BSD can be legal as
> > this would require (when following the GPL) to relicense the BSD code under GPL
> > in order to make the whole be under GPL.
> >
> > In other words, if you can legally combine BSD code with GPL code, you can do
> > with GPL and CDDL as well.
>
> You can't do either if you are talking about the BSD-old license
> (which also isn't accepted as open source by the OSI).   Fortunately,
> the owners of the original/official BSD were nice guys and removed the
> GPL incompatible clause, with the Revised BSD License being recognized
> as both open source and GPL-compatible.   But that hasn't - and
> probably can't - happen with CDDL, so the only working option is dual
> licensing.

It seems that you are not interested in a sesrious discussion.

The 4-clause BSD license is not a valid OSS license and all original BSD code
was converted by addict of the president of UC-Berleley.

So you claim that there is 4-clause BSD code in the Linux kernel?
You are kidding :-(

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin