[CentOS] Centos security update

Venkateswara Rao Dokku dvrao.584 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:38:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have php 5.4.16 php in my centos 7 machine & when I searched over
internet I could see it is effected by some vulenrabilities. So I wanted to
upgrade my PHP to 5.6.x, but did not find procedure for it.

When I tried yum upgrade php, it says "no packages marked for update"

Can you please give me some pointers so that I can continue.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:11 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 04/27/2015 04:09 AM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
> > Thanks for the replies. The tool that we used for testing the security
> > vulnerability is "Nessus".
> >
> > I have glibc version 2.17-78.el7, I saw that CVE-2015-0235 (Ghost) is
> fixed
> > in this version and I want to apply patch for the vulnerbailities
> > CVE-2015-1472 & CVE-2015-1473. Can you please help me in finding the
> right
> > version that has fixes for these?
> >
> > Thanks
>

> I don't know how Nessus works, BUT it seems you need to load all the
> CentOS Plugins to get it to understand the checks:
>

> http://www.tenable.com/plugins/index.php?view=all&family=CentOS+Local+Security+Checks
>
> I have NO IDEA if those are correct or how up2date they are, etc.  But
> if you are not loading them, you have no chance of it understanding the
> backporting that redhat does.

> >> I would be more interested if the OP had mentioned *what* "custom
> >> commercial security scan" tool they'd used.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku.