[CentOS] SEmodule dependency hell.

Wed Apr 1 16:23:25 UTC 2015
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I want you all to see what I went through trying to simply reassign
(unsuccessfully) the context of a well-known port.

To the best of my ability to recall none of the packages mentioned
below are even installed on the host in question.  Why are these
dependices preventing me from removing a disused SELinux policy.

I have done exactly that, reassign port contexts, in the past without
encountering this situation.  So it has to be a recent development.  I
am not against SELinux.  We use it extensively.  But this is not
security it is simply BS.

It is stuff like this that causes people to say just turn selinux off
altogether.

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: awstats's global requirements
were not met: type/attribute httpd_log_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r awstats

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: bugzilla's global requirements
were not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r bugzilla

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: cobbler's global requirements
were not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r cobbler

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: collectd's global requirements
were not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r collectd

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: git's global requirements were
not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r git

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: gpg's global requirements were
not met: type/attribute httpd_sys_content_t (No such file or
directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r gpg

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: mediawiki's global requirements
were not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r mediawiki

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: munin's global requirements were
not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r munin

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: nagios's global requirements were
not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r nagios

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: w3c's global requirements were
not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: webadm's global requirements were
not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r webadm

semodule -r apache
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: webalizer's global requirements
were not met: type/attribute httpd_sys_content_t (No such file or
directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -r webalizer

semodule -r apache
libsepol.context_from_record: type httpd_openshift_script_exec_t is
not defined
libsepol.context_from_record: could not create context structure
libsepol.context_from_string: could not create context structure
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert
unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_openshift_script_exec_t:s0 to sid
invalid context unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_openshift_script_exec_t:s0
libsemanage.semanage_install_active: setfiles returned error code 1.
semodule:  Failed!

semodule -R
[root at xnet241 ~]# semanage port -d -t http_port_t -p tcp 80
/usr/sbin/semanage: Port tcp/80 is defined in policy, cannot be deleted

Canada  L8E 3C3