[CentOS] CentOS 7 auto mounting non authenticated users

Fri Apr 10 10:46:07 UTC 2015
Michael Horne <michael at wemoto.com>

Hi,

I mentioned this issue in reply to "CentOS 7.1 user login screen can't
scroll up/down" but heard nothing.

We authenticate using NIS and our home directories are mounted via NFS.

Once a user logs into a CentOS7 workstation their username appears in
the login screen 'user list'. I have disabled the list but notice that
after a reboot running mount -l shows all previously authenticated users
home directories are being mounted over NFS again automatically.

Is this normal? I have noticed some latency issues with the NFS and
assume it is related, can anybody verify if this is a bug or a
configuration error?

Surely they shouldn't re-mount until the user authenticates again?

thanks in advance,

Michael