[CentOS] suspend / hibernate via lid / button doesn't work

Mon Apr 13 16:20:45 UTC 2015
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

Damjan,

Glad to hear that worked for you.

I don't know if the gnome people can make this very much easier.
Different version of different linux distros might invoke hibernate
differently.  How would they know which one to map to the lid button?

Also, some people might want to invoke sleep rather than hibernate.  If
there were system commands which were persistent over all distros and
versions, then maybe they could offer these two mention options (with
explanations of each).  Yes, that would be an improvement.

Best,
ken