[CentOS] ksoftirqd / centos7

Tue Apr 14 16:04:27 UTC 2015
Johan Kooijman <mail at johankooijman.com>

Hi,

Today I migrated a server form C6 to C7. The machine is dedicated for a
couple of redis daemons. given the traffic etc, we see cpu0 being 100% in
use immediately. No problem, had the same thing on the C6 server.

So I pinned certain processes/irq's to other CPU's and made irqbalance was
monitoring things. That did solve the issue in C6, but not this time.

The links below contain the output of /proc/interrupts. As you can see CPU0
doesn't seem that busy
http://pastebin.centos.org/23361/
http://pastebin.centos.org/23366/
The 2nd paste was about 60 seconds after the first one.

Am I missing something here? This is a brand new C7 installation:

[root at redis1 ~]# uname -a
Linux redis1.gamebasics.lan 3.10.0-229.1.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 27
03:04:26 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hardware is a brand new supermicro X9DRW board with onboard igb NIC's in
use.

Hope someone can help me!

--
KR,