[CentOS] Forcing yum update

Sat Apr 25 15:01:59 UTC 2015
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

New to CentOS and running 6.6. I have previously installed gstreamer with plugins including libmodplug from rpmforge to listen to mp3 streams. Yum now tells me that a later version of libmodplug is available from epel but I am having problems forcing updating libmodplug from epel.

I have tried launching yum shell and then remove libmodplug, install libmodplug while having made sure epel is available. This after having read that it is a bad idea to use no-deps with yum. My attempt, however, fails with a not found message.

What would the correct approach be?

Thank you.