[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Wed Apr 1 16:19:00 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:25 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 04/01/2015 11:45 AM, Александр Кириллов wrote:
>>> This was discussed on the CentOS-Devel mailing list and approved by the
>>> CentOS Board. It is what we are using in the future.  I suggest you
>>> become familiar with it.
>>
>> Obviously naming conventions should provide for an easy upstream vendor
>> version reference?
>
> does /etc/centos-release-upstream provide you with that ?

Are you supposed to download an iso image, install it, then read that
file before you know which  upstream base minor number you got?    In
the whole long thread where this naming was supposedly 'discussed', I
can't find a single user agreeing that dropping the minor number
reference out of the name  was a sane thing to do.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com