[CentOS] Centos 7 License???

Wed Apr 1 21:16:33 UTC 2015
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 04/01/2015 04:55 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

> I generally do minimal installs and I don't recall ever seeing any
> first boot license prompt.   is this a 'feature' only if you've
> installed the desktop GUI ?

Could be; all of the many installs of C7 I've done thus far have needed
the GUI for one reason or another.  I do remember when installing RHEL
6.1 a few years back and selecting 'Server with a GUI' (or similar) that
the firstboot license prompt came up in text mode, but none of the C6
installs I've done in text mode have gone through the firstboot
'license' agreement (or make a normal user, or any of the other things
firstboot can do, like network configuration in text mode for a
NetworkManager-controlled NIC) thing.