[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Thu Apr 2 11:09:31 UTC 2015
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

On 04/02/15 00:51, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 04/01/2015 08:12 PM, Always Learning wrote:
>> 1. What is the logically reason for this alleged "improvement" ?
>
> I never said it was an improvement.  I just said that I didn't think it was
> that big of a deal, and it boggles my mind that people are calling a change of
> an ISO's file name 'unwise' and even comparing it to a Microsoft move.  I just
> don't see it as being that big of a problem. Nor do I see it as an
> improvement.  But the question was asked about where such a change might have
> been discussed, and I pointed to the long and drawn out centos-devel thread in
> which the background for the date-based numbering was beaten to death (and
> beyond).  The CentOS devs have stated that the CentOS Board voted on it, and
> they have the decision-making power to do so.  And they are all reasonable
> people.

But only those on the devel list ever saw the discussion. Those of us whose
job it is to be sysadmins, and run many systems, don't tend to be on that list
also.

Had you, for example, made it release.subrelease.date (7.1.1503), it would
have been less disruptive and annoying.

	mark