[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Thu Apr 2 16:41:29 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 04/02/2015 11:30 AM, Alain Péan wrote:
> Le 02/04/2015 18:22, Les Mikesell a écrit :
>>> Note that any CentOS machine, updated to the same point in time,
>> Yes, but how do you explain that relationship to someone who only has
>> a summary of the RH releases or where the Centos release stands
>> compared to it.  For example, what would you have said a few days ago?
>
> Notice that a new minor release includes new drivers for new servers, so
> it is important to know if you can install at all the system on your
> server, before any updates !

what does that have to do with an ISO name?  Updates are not done via
ISO except for some very small number of off line servers.  Updates
usually happen from the tree.  And the default setup point to /7/ for
updates.  We have been going that for 10 years (pointing updates to /4/,
/5/, /6/, /7/, and not 6.1 or 6.2 or 6.3, etc.

Here is the default mirrorlist and baseurl info from CentOS-5:

mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os

#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/

It is the same for CentOS-5, CentOS-6, and CentOS-7 ... if someone has
something different, then they are making changes that they want to
make.  The name on the ISO has no impact on updates.