[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Thu Apr 2 19:55:46 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 13:08 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> CentOS releases are NOT the same as EUS and have never been .. yet that
>  seems to be what people expect.  We want there to be no doubt on this
>  issue.

Is there a commercial motive for this 'unwelcome by most' change ?

If Centos is the same as RHEL then RH can loose valuable sales income
because customers, actual and potential, use free Centos. However if
Centos version numbers are vastly different from RHEL version numbers
and there is no reliable method of equating Centos sub-versions with
RHEL sub-versions, RH gains extra sales because of the uncertainty of
Centos being 'just like' reliable RHEL.

Just a casual thought.

--
Regards,