[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Thu Apr 2 20:35:18 UTC 2015
Phelps, Matthew <mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu>

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:

> On 04/02/2015 03:55 PM, Always Learning wrote:
>
>> Is there a commercial motive for this 'unwelcome by most' change ?
>>

> Do you have data to prove that it is unwelcome by most?  It is unwelcome
> by you and a few others I've seen comment; what percentage of the list's
> subscribers do you suppose that might be?  (It is neither welcome nor
> unwelcome by me, as I've said before.)
>
> Feedback on the direction of the distribution's development is taken on
> the -devel list; this list is for questions about using the distribution.

See my reply earlier. The description of the centos-devel list says "this
is strictly about development."

I take that to mean it is for developers. I am not a developer for CentOS.
I don't know this, but I'm guessing there are many many users and admins of
CentOS who are not on that list, like me. Even a "Please check out this
thread for an important discussion about the future of CentOS release
names." would have been appreciated.

Now it's too late.

(As I said earlier, it's not just the ISO name either).

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility