[CentOS] resource busy

Thu Apr 9 01:26:13 UTC 2015
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> How do I find whatever it is that wodim or
> readom thinks is using /dev/sr0 and kill it?
>
> So far, reboot is the only solution I've found that works.
> I don't like it.
> I want to be able to use my DVD-burner more than once without rebooting.
> lsof has not helped.

umount will get rid of the resource busy error,
but then I get
[hennebry at localhost data]$ readom -clone -f dvd.clone dev=/dev/sr0
Read  speed: 22160 kB/s (CD 125x, DVD 16x).
Write speed: 22160 kB/s (CD 125x, DVD 16x).
Errno: 5 (Input/output error), read toc scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  43 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 C0
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x24 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in cdb) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid) error refers to command part, bit ptr 0 (not valid) field ptr 0
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s
readom: Cannot read TOC header
readom: Read fulltoc problems.
[hennebry at localhost data]$

I'm trying to clone a dvd I made on a standalone dvd recorder.
I had managed to make an iso file from it,
but the resulting dvd would not play on the recorder,
so now I'm trying readom.
The iso file mounts, but pointing vlc at it does not work.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods