[CentOS] Edit login user list on CentOS 6

Thu Apr 9 19:46:28 UTC 2015
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

> I think that you can exclude usernames from the list on Centos 6
> by making their user number less than 500.

That doesn’t help me, as I have no users defined in the /etc/passwd
file, and the UIDs are defined in a corporate database that match
the employee number.

> You can (also) exclude entries by enumerating them on an "Exclude="
> line in the greeter section of /etc/gdm/custom.conf .

Not what I had in mind either, but this *may* help.

> Alternatively, you can suppress the list totally by changing the
> default of gdm->simple-greeter->disable_user_list with the gconf
> editor.

I still like to see my name if I’m the only one that uses the
system, and same goes for others.

What I am really looking for is where gdm (or whatever) caches
the list of users who have previously logged in to a system. I
have tried the brute force approach (grep -R) without success.

Alfred