[CentOS] CentOS 7 auto mounting non authenticated users

Fri Apr 10 12:42:01 UTC 2015
Michael Horne <michael at wemoto.com>

I also have some Fedora workstations that are experiencing the same
symptoms.
I noticed that the userlist is being pulled from my NIS server (when the
connection is down the list does not appear). but I cannot work out why
the home directories are automatically mounting at boot.

Does anybody have any ideas what is causing the automounts? where I can
disable this functionality? logging in as root and running umount
/home/each.previously.logged.in.user is a little tedious!

Where should I be asking about this if it's not a specific centos issue?

surely someone has noticed this in the past and found a solution?

Michael