[CentOS] state of IPSec VPN on CentOS 7: Openswan, strongSwan, RPM packages

Tue Apr 14 19:05:50 UTC 2015
Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org>

On 2015-04-14 11:44, Eero Volotinen wrote:

>> http://serverfault.com/a/655752/24406
>>
>> If that is accurate, the documentation, and the clustering / load
>> balancing might tilt the balance in the direction of strongSwan.
>>

> Well, both packages can do ipsec to cisco asa without any problems.

I have this one case where the other end of the connection wants to use
some specific encryption parameters (specific versions of AES and SHA).
I need to make sure that whatever software I use, is capable of
providing that. Better documentation will certainly help.

And of course, a more actively supported project, with a good security
track record, is very important.

All these are factors in choosing between Openswan / Libreswan /
strongSwan.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/