[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS

Thu Apr 16 15:52:28 UTC 2015
Chuck Campbell <campbell at accelinc.com>

On 4/15/2015 11:55 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone used the Dell M3800 (ubuntu) laptop to run CentOS 6.x? If so how did it work out?
>
> Also does anyone have a fairly new laptop they are running CentOS 6.x on,  that they are happy
> about? I am in the market for a new laptop and it must run CentOS 6.x.
>
> Thanks,

I'm running on a Dell M6800, with the high end graphics option, and everything
just works out of the box. I did the install of Scientific Linux myself (based
on CentOS 6). No problems.

I had CentOS 5 on it first, but that was missing drivers for the wireless and
sound (if I remember correctly).

-chuck