[CentOS] Plurals in English (was Re: ClamAV reports a trojan)

Fri Apr 17 14:51:50 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 08:00 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> It is amazing how much one can cripple what another person said by
> scissoring his phrases ;-)

English people (excludes USA people) should always try to speak simple,
jargon-free, easily understandable and logically expressed English
especially when conversing with non-English people.

I greatly admire the linguistic abilities of non-English people but
deplore the dumbed-down abuses of my native language from the US of A.

A military plan has become a "road map" even when aircraft are involved
provoking the inevitable question of "Do aircraft stop at traffic
lights" !

"Back-up" has become either reverse, a saved copy, re-enforcements etc.
Precision in language expression is essential for good understanding.

Comments off-list please.

--
Regards,

Paul.