[CentOS] IP aliases for services (including dhcpd)?

Wed Apr 22 19:57:27 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:49 PM, David  Both
<dboth at millennium-technology.com> wrote:
> Yes confusion will abound. There should only ever be one and only one DHCP
> server on any network. With two you will sooner of later have multiple DHCP
> client hosts with the same IP addresses.

No, it's not going to give out duplicate IPs.  The dual servers are
configured as primary/secondary and know about each other with some
protocol to track what leases are already out.
https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00502/0/A-Basic-Guide-to-Configuring-DHCP-Failover.html
My question is just about multiple IPs as aliases on the server side.
 So far it looks like it is always sending with the same source IP
even though it logs that it used the alias interface name.   I'm just
wondering if it would confuse clients if it gets an IP from one source
and subsequent ACKs from another.   But, I guess that has been
happening for a long time already with the dual server setup.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com