[CentOS] CentOS 7 NFS client problems

Fri Apr 24 15:12:19 UTC 2015

Matt Garman wrote:
> What does your /etc/idmapd.conf look like on the server side?
>
> I fought with this quite a bit a while ago, but my use case was a bit
> different, and I was working with CentOS 5 and 6.
>
> Still, the kicker for me was updating the [Translation] section of
> /etc/idmapd.conf.  Mine looks like this:
>
> [Translation]
> Method = nsswitch
> GSS-Methods = nsswitch,static
>
> You said you're not using Kerberos or LDAP, so I'm guessing you can
> leave out the GSS-Methods line entirely, and make your Method line
> "nsswitch,static".

<snip>
Related, maybe: I *just* solved my problem with NFS on CentOS  7.0.1406
mounting home directories as nobody:nobody. Looking at the above, and
seeing mentions of [Translation], I reviewed the *entire* idpapd.conf
file, and found that the UMICH LDAP scheme is, by default, enabled. I'd
put our domain in the other day; now I commented out the UMICH, restarted
rpcidmapd and autofs, and everything was wonderful.

        mark