[CentOS] Real sh? Or other efficient shell for non-interactive scripts

Fri Apr 24 17:04:05 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 4/24/2015 9:47 AM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 04/24/2015 03:57 AM, Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
>> if you leave it out the script will run in whatever environment it
>> currently is in.
>
> I'm reasonably certain that a script with no shebang will run with
> /bin/sh.  I interpret your statement to mean that if a user is using
> ksh and enters the path to such a script, it would also run in ksh.
> That would only be true if you "sourced" the script from your shell.

oh fun, just did some tests (using c6.latest).   if you're in bash,
./script (sans shebang) runs it in bash.  if you're in dash or csh,
./script runs it in sh.    if you're in ksh, it runs it in ksh.