[CentOS] Real sh? Or other efficient shell for non-interactive scripts

Mon Apr 27 17:10:41 UTC 2015
Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de>

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The CDDL does not annoy people, this is just a fairy tale from some OSS enemies.
> >
> > The following irritates me, I am a ?people,? and I am not an OSS enemy:
> >
> >   http://zfsonlinux.org/faq.html#WhatAboutTheLicensingIssue
>
> It is really the GPL that has the restriction preventing
> 'best-of-breed' components being combined, but it doesn't matter, it
> isn't going to change.   I can see Sun being irritated with Linux
> (and for good reason...) but isn't it time to let it go?

We had much less problems is the people that use the GPL would understand the
GPL.

If you combine ZFS and Linux, you create a permitted "collective work" and the
GPL cannot extend it's rules to the CDDLd separate and independend work ZFS of
course.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin