[CentOS] Centos security update

Mon Apr 27 20:41:44 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 04/27/2015 04:09 AM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. The tool that we used for testing the security
> vulnerability is "Nessus".
>
> I have glibc version 2.17-78.el7, I saw that CVE-2015-0235 (Ghost) is fixed
> in this version and I want to apply patch for the vulnerbailities
> CVE-2015-1472 & CVE-2015-1473. Can you please help me in finding the right
> version that has fixes for these?
>
> Thanks

I don't know how Nessus works, BUT it seems you need to load all the
CentOS Plugins to get it to understand the checks:

http://www.tenable.com/plugins/index.php?view=all&family=CentOS+Local+Security+Checks

I have NO IDEA if those are correct or how up2date they are, etc.  But
if you are not loading them, you have no chance of it understanding the
backporting that redhat does.