[CentOS] Find installed yum groups?

Mon Apr 27 21:04:41 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:58:08AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Is there an 'after the fact' way to find what yum groups are
>> installed, including ones that were added with 'yum groupinstall'
>> instead of the initial anaconda install?
>
> Yes. "yum grouplist" will tell you the groups that are currently in the
> installed state. Worth reading the manpage to see exactly what yum
> thinks that "installed" means:
>
>      Groups are marked as "installed" if all mandatory packages are
>      installed, or if a group doesn’t have any mandatory packages then
>      it is installed if any of the optional or default package are
>      installed. [...]

Interesting, but it seems to _only_ show groups that weren't  included
in the anaconda install.   For example where the saved anaconda-ks-cfg
shows @gnome-desktop and @development, 'yum grouplist' only shows
'MATE Desktop' which was installed later.

What I am looking for is a succinct way to duplicate the full
installed package list that exists on an organically-developed
developed system (that is, where people added things until it all
worked), so equivalent systems can be created by a minimal install
followed by a scripted
yum install 'big list of stuff'.

--
   Les Mikesell