[CentOS] Find installed yum groups?

Mon Apr 27 22:45:24 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 04:04:41PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> Interesting, but it seems to _only_ show groups that weren't  included
>>> in the anaconda install.   For example where the saved anaconda-ks-cfg
>>> shows @gnome-desktop and @development, 'yum grouplist' only shows
>>> 'MATE Desktop' which was installed later.
>>
>> Does the "hidden" flag help here?
>
> Well it's different, but still doesn't seem right.   That shows:
> Installed environment groups:
>    MATE Desktop
> and
> Installed groups:
>    Core
>    Dial-up Networking Support
>    Fonts
>    Guest Desktop Agents
>    Input Methods
>    MATE
>    Multimedia
> but still no mention of development or gnome.

And I guess the other piece of this would be finding individual
packages that are not encompassed by the groups - or pulled in by
dependencies.    Is there some database-like approach to take the full
list of packages, then reduce it to the minimal list of groups and
top-level packages to pull the rest in?   It probably will work to
hand the raw list to yum but  I'd like to make an understandable list
in a script even if the packages had been added piecemeal in the first
place as someone noticed the need for them.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com