[CentOS] Shutdown hangs on "Unmounting NFS filesystems"

Sun Aug 30 21:32:36 UTC 2015
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 16:20:21 -0500
Robert Nichols wrote:

> Once the system gets into this state, the only remedy is a forced
> power-off.  What seems to be happening is that an NFS filesystem that
> auto-mounted over a WiFi connection cannot be unmounted because the
> WiFi connection is enabled only for my login and gets torn down when
> my UID is logged off.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can configure things to avoid this?  I
> really don't want to expose my WPA2 key by making the connection
> available to all users.

Perhaps you could unmount that share when you log off by putting a umount command into the appropriate file.

The definition of "appropriate file" varies depending on what DE you're using.