[CentOS] xfs question

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Aug 4 20:15:20 UTC 2015

On 8/4/2015 12:47 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> Some older 32-bit software will likely have problems addressing any content outside of the 2^32  bit inode range.  You will be able to see it, but reading and writing said data will likely be problematic

The 99% of software that just does open,read,write will be fine
regardless of word size.

NFS is the only broken thing I ran into (on CentOS 6 anyways), and then
only if you export subdirectories in the XFS file system, if you just
export the root of it, you won't have any issues.    if you are
exporting subdirectories (something I find Windows admins like to do),
then you have to specify a locally unique integer fsid on each export.
I just use fsid=1, fsid=2, ...