[CentOS] No firefox 38.1.1 update

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sun Aug 9 15:42:55 UTC 2015

On 08/09/2015 10:21 AM, Peter Q. wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2015 8:43 AM, "Robert Nichols" <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm still not getting the firefox-38.1.1-1.el6.centos.x86_64.rpm
>> that was announced yesterday (8 August) morning.  I looked at
>> several of the mirror sites I receive, and they all have the new
>> firefox in their Packages directory, but their repodata is all
>> a day older (7 August), so yum doesn't see the update.
>>
>> Example mirror: http://mirror.cs.uwp.edu/pub/centos/6.7/updates/x86_64/
 >
 > Yum clean metadata
 > Yum update

Did that several times.  The problem is with the out-of-date metadata
on the mirrors themselves.  Cleaning my local cache and re-downloading
the same bad metadata isn't going to help.

Downloading the package itself and updating from the local file works,
as does storing the package in a local repo and updating from that.

                 Do NOT delete it.