[CentOS] Update from 6.6 to 6.7 > automount logs error message

Ralf Aumüller

Ralf.Aumueller at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Aug 11 14:55:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

after an update from 6.6 to 6.7 the following error message is logged to
/var/log/messages when I login (per ssh):

Aug 11 16:31:21 a1234 automount[1598]: set_tsd_user_vars: failed to get passwd
info from getpwuid_r

Checked all log-files of my systems running 6.6 with same configuration -- never
got such a message (We use NFS/autofs for home-directories, NIS and tcsh (login
shell)).

Everything seems to work -- but before I update all machines to 6.7 I want to
know whats going on.

Any comments?

Best regards,
Ralf