[CentOS] wordpess can't connect to DB but mediawiki can

Richard lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
Sat Aug 15 19:07:19 UTC 2015

> Date: Saturday, August 15, 2015 13:53:28 -0400
> From: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>
>
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm running both a wordpress site as well as a mediawiki off of
> the same web servers. The mediawiki site works great! The
> wordpress site, meh. Not so much. I keep getting the common
> database connection error:
>
> Error establishing a database connection
>
> And as far as I can tell the settings between the mediawiki site
> and the wordpress site are nearly identical.

  < ... snip ... >

[this isn't really a centos issue, even if you're using centos,
which isn't obvious. that said ...]

I would start by looking at the access control entries for the wp
and mw dbs, (in the mysql.db table). Based on what you are trying
here, there should be matching entries in that table for the "Db"s
"jokefire" and "jfwiki" (e.g., for the Host as well as the various
_priv fields).

 select * from db where Db='jokefire' or Db='jfwiki' order by Host\g

There may be something else going on, but without knowing that the
access control is as it should be there's not much value in
speculating.