[CentOS] Clunky Xorg with latest 6.7 upgrade?

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Aug 17 15:45:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:15:16AM -0400, Bill Maltby (C4B) wrote:
> Went to an open spreadsheet, clicked view in toolbar, nothing there that
> might be Java related AFAICT.
>
> Tried on Tools->Options->LibreOffice->, nothing there looks Java
> related. On the graphics, only selections for hardware acceleration and
> anti-aliasing were available.
>
> Tried under that LibreOffice selection all its sub-categories and under
> "Advanced" found "Use a Java runtime environment" with "Sun
> Microsystems" selection turned on. Figuring this was the one, I turned
> off the whole "Use a Java runtime environment".
>
> Is this the correct one?

Yes, that's what I meant.  I was typing from memory.  The
Tools->Options dialog, under LibreOffice->Advanced.  Turn off java
runtime.

I also turned off 'Use hardware accelleration' and 'Use Anti-Aliasing'
in LibreOffice->View.  This may or may not improve X performance, at
the expense of it looking worse and possibly having a slower
interface.