[CentOS] additional X11 issues with CentOS 6.7

Kay Schenk

kay.schenk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:55:39 UTC 2015

OK, I need to start with a basic "dumb" question. What named xorg
version does my package version 1.15 correspond to? X11R7.?

Currently, I'm having some bad flicker problems I didn't experience
previously. I have an old old radeon graphics card and note that the ati
driver was updated with 6.7. This loads for X before the radeon module.

I didn't find any release notes pertaining to this specifically.

Can someone point me to information on the ati module changes.
MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins
 with a single step.”
                          --Lao Tzu