[CentOS] Converting HVM to PV kernel CentOS7

Venkateswara Rao Dokku dvrao.584 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:37:40 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry for the typo in the earlier mail.
I have PV-HVM of CentOS 7 & I need to convert it to PV kernel.

Basically here I am trying to see whether my PV_HVM kernel is vulenrable to
this issue given in the following link
http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2015/q3/212

In the above link, it was mentioned that the PV kernel is not vulnerable to
this bug, but HVM is. It didnt say anything about PV-HVM.

Can you please help me in this regard?

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:43 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 8/18/2015 9:53 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
>
>> I have installed CentOS 7 HVM kernel. I would like to convert it to CentOs
>> 7 PV kernel.
>>
>> When googled about it, I found that this can be done by following commands
>>
>> yum install xen or yum install kernel-xen
>>
>> But, when I tried the below commands, I am getting the error *"No package
>> kernel-xen available.**"*
>>

> what version were those instructions for ?   AFAIK, there's no xen
> specific kernel in EL7, Red Hat and therefore CentOS supports KVM as their
> native virtualization, and the PV drivers for KVM are built in.
>

> --
> john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz

Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku.