[CentOS] CentOS 7 PV kernel

Venkateswara Rao Dokku dvrao.584 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:50:12 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply.

How to know that the CentOS 7 kerenel is whether PV or HVM?
When I searched about it, I found the following link, where the kernel type
us determined from
the 2 following commands
            1. uname -r
            2. lsmod | grep xen
If both have "*xen*", then it is PV, if lsmod returns something but not in
kernel name then its PV-HVM, else its HVM

>From what I understand, the first command never have "Xen" extension to the
CentOS 7 kernel.
So, can I conclude that there are only 2 types of kernels in case of CentOS
7 onwards, i.e PV & HVM.

http://serverfault.com/questions/511923/determine-which-guest-is-running-on-xen-hvm-or-pv-guest

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> On 08/19/2015 09:46 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
> > Is the CentOS 7 PV kernel available?
> > I installed latest CentOS 7 & I found out that it is a HVM guest.
> >
> > So, if we wanted to have CentOS PV guest for CentOS 7, is there any
> > specific steps to follow?
> > or the same kernel will work as both PV & HVM?
>
> The CentOS 7 stock kernel is Xen PV enabled.
>

> Peter

Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku.