[CentOS] new laptop: DVD or Blu-ray

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Thu Aug 20 14:27:24 UTC 2015

I bought a BluRay for my Thinkpad and my Desktop.

Very rarely use them, but on occassion I do.

When I use them, I use them to rip movies via MakeMKV but honestly that
is the only BluRay use they ever get. And mostly the desktop, the laptop
doesn't have the memory to encode hi def in reasonable amount of time.

Unless you want to rip movies, which may violate certain laws in certain
geographical locations, there's not any point that I can see.