[CentOS] rpmbuild dwz error

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 22:18:24 UTC 2015

On 21/08/15 22:46, Andrew Neuschwander wrote:

>>> Try to change %_tmppath in /usr/lib/rpm/macros or build in mock and
>>> place the whole chroot on a larger drive (/etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg).
>
> I set %_tmppath (in ~/.rpmmacros) and $TMPPATH (xz called by
> find-debuginfo.sh uses it) and more parts of the build process used my
> custom tmppath. But dwz still uses large temporary files in /tmp.
>

>> and if you do not need the debug packages, add
>>
>> %_enable_debug_packages  0
>>
>> into your .rpmmacros file
>>
>> --
>> LF
>>

> I tried disabling the debug packages but then rpmbuild just leaves the
> debuginfo in the binaries and I ended up with a 30GB binary rpm.
>
> -A

That sounds like the package hasn't been stripped. You can manually
strip the debug information (see man strip), but rpmbuild should do this
as part of the build process.

Rather than disabling debuginfo packages system wide as suggested above,
try disabling in package SPEC file:

%define  debug_package  %{nil}