[CentOS] clamav / EXIM on Centos 7

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 13:36:21 UTC 2015

[root at ollie2 ~]# find / -iname clamd.sock
[root at ollie2 ~]# systemctl list-unit-files --type=service
[.....]
clamav-milter.service                       enabled
exim.service                                enabled
spamassassin.service                        enabled
[.....]
[root at ollie2 ~]# ps ax|grep cla[m]
[root at ollie2 ~]#

Starting / restarting the clamav service does not generate any errors but the
process doesn't run

Looking at the unit file

/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/clamav-milter.service

it is expecting a config file of

/etc/mail/clamav-milter.conf

so I've edited that file to comment out the 'example' line. In here it defines
the socket as

/var/run/clamav-milter/clamav-milter.socket

However, after saving this file the service still fails to start and the
socket still doesn't exist

On Tuesday 25 August 2015 14:19:36 Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> On 08/25/2015 04:16 PM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > connect to UNIX socket (/var/run/clamd.exim/clamd.sock): No such file
>
> If you try to locate that file, do you find it somewhere?
> When you list services (units) and grep with clamav, do you find some?

Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager
Ringways Garages
http://www.ringways.co.uk