[CentOS] clamav / EXIM on Centos 7

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 13:52:47 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 25 August 2015 14:44:55 Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> Does the directory  /var/run/clamav-milter/ exist and is it traversable
> and writable by the clamav user is running as?
> Socket creation mostly doesnt include recursive operation (creating the
> directory)

It looks like I'm barking up the wrong tree here. When I run the command in
the terminal I get

[root at ollie2
clamav-milter]# /usr/sbin/clamav-milter -c /etc/mail/clamav-milter.conf --nofork=yes
ERROR: No ClamdSocket specified
ERROR: Failed to init the socket pool
[root at ollie2 clamav-milter]#

It looks like I don't need clamav-milter as it seems to be wanting access to
the clamd socket in exactly the same way as EXIM, i.e., EXIM wants to talk
directly to clamd and not clamav-milter. The latter seems to be an interface
for sendmail.

I'm now looking at getting the clamd service running.  I installed

clamav-server-sysvinit-0.98.7-1.el7.noarch
clamav-server-systemd-0.98.7-1.el7.noarch

which I expected to give the the systemd unit file as well as the old init
scripts. However I can't see either.  I also still don't have a

/etc/clamd.conf