[CentOS] please block user

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Wed Aug 26 23:44:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 09:53 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> Thanks a lot! The most difficult part of this I noticed is to make sure
> they responded with report of what discovered and which actions were
> taken, and if this didn't happen to have the whole block of IPs registered
> to them blocked off (at least this is what I am doing where I can).

(1)  Not all complaints about spam are acknowledged.
(2)  Usually no information is provided on what, specifically, was done
to rectify the problem.

I run Exim on C5 and C6. If there is

(something wrong with the sender's host name including no rDNS)
 +
(sender's HELO/EHLO name defective)
 +
(recipient is non-existent or sender is defective)
=
blocked at the firewall until the end of the month.

Monthly if there are no more attempts, meaning the count is zero, then
the IP is removed from the monthly banned list else the count is reset
to zero (flushed -F) and ignored until reinspected at the next month's
end.

I have other anti-junk defences including rejecting spammers' hosts.

We received a junk email once every 6 to 12 weeks.

I am NOT going to be a willing victim of spam.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.