[CentOS] USB Connected Voice Recorders

Chris Olson

chris_e_olson at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 02:18:33 UTC 2015

We plan to use new digital voice recorders. Products are available
from Olympus, Sony, and others.  All of these digital voice recorders
offer file-based audio storage.  We would like to take advantage of
this feature and move the files to our computers.

It is not clear whether there is a difference in the product features
described as "USB connection" and "USB direct connection." Is this
difference in USB connectivity a concern for file transfer to CentOS
computers?  Thanks in advance for any information.