[CentOS] camgirl spam on the list

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Aug 28 20:12:06 UTC 2015

Tim Dunphy wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>  I just noticed this recently in my latest posts to the list. But I've
> noticed that every time I mail the list for some advice, I get hit with
> spam from a camgirl site like every other message. Kinda funny actually.
> But also annoying!! Anyone else experience this?
>
> Maybe this is something the admins/moderators can take care of!

I would guess that someone, or a bot, joined the list for the sole purpose
of harvesting email addresses, and I can't see how the admins can possibly
block that.

And, btw, this is where I mostly post using this email address, and no,
I'm not sending spam to France, or southeast Asia, or.... (as in, they put
my email as their Reply-To:).

        mark "ah, for the old days of fair use"

       mark