[CentOS] camgirl spam on the list

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 29 15:43:56 UTC 2015

On 08/28/15 14:53, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>  I just noticed this recently in my latest posts to the list. But I've
> noticed that every time I mail the list for some advice, I get hit with
> spam from a camgirl site like every other message. Kinda funny actually.
> But also annoying!! Anyone else experience this?
>
> Maybe this is something the admins/moderators can take care of!

.
spam is "a fact of life of the internet". always has been, always
will be.

when you spread your email address to the inet and be ready to receive
spam.

download email from a server, look forward to receiving spam.

deal with it. set filters of your email client.

if you do not want spam, either set filters and/or firewall rules
to block it.

if you do not want spam;

   use an isp that you have set to auto delete
   emails and never pull emails from that isp.

   post with sudo-name at sudo-address.bad

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.