[CentOS] Help viewer issues

Wed Aug 12 09:24:55 UTC 2015
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

Hi.

Does anyone else have issues with the GNOME help viewer on CentOS 6? I think it mostly worked a while back, but after some recent update or the other, I have problems like:

  1.  Nothing happens when I click "Desktop User Guide" or "GNOME Desktop Accessibility Guide" or "GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide" on the "Help Topics" page.
  2.  If I select "section" links in the column on the left-hand side (under "Desktop"), I do get new section headings, but when I select any of these, again, nothing happens.
  3.  If I try to open a man page via a command like 'yelp man:man' or 'xdg-open man:man', I only get a blank window.

Any ideas about what may be wrong?

- Toralf

[http://www.pgs.com/mediaFiles/Exclaimer%20graphics/PGS_LOGO_RGB_42x53px.jpg]<http://www.pgs.com>       Toralf Lund
Senior Software Engineer
Imaging & Engineering | Geoscience & Engineering

Telephone: +47 67 52 64 00
Direct: +47 67 51 57 78
Mobile: +47 91 31 66 91
Email: toralf.lund at pgs.com<mailto:Toralf.Lund at pgs.com>

A Clearer Image | www.pgs.com<http://www.pgs.com>

[http://www.pgs.com/mediaFiles/Exclaimer%20graphics/150731-ColourWave-660x14px.jpg]

Address: Lilleakerveien 4C, 0283 Oslo, Norway
Postal Address: P.O.Box 251 Lilleaker, 0216 Oslo, Norway

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.