[CentOS] FIFREEZE/FITHAW

Mon Aug 17 07:13:42 UTC 2015
sri <bskmohan at gmail.com>

Hello Group,
How to find my centos kernel has compiled with the code for FIFREEZE/FITHAW
or not? Am looking for this config option to confirm the issue with VMWare
ESX5.5 - my VM hangs while taking snapshot with "Quiesce Guest File System"
option enabled. When contacted vmware support, they asked to check whether
my centos kernel has this feature enabled? Below are details about my
centos kernel:

"2.6.18-371.9.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jun 10 17:49:56 EDT 2014 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux"

When I downloaded the kernel I could see there is a patch with these
checks, but not sure that patch is compiled in my centos kernel image.

Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Sri