[CentOS] CentOS 5 grub boot problem

Thu Aug 6 20:57:35 UTC 2015
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 8/6/2015 4:39 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at buc.com> wrote:

>>> Sounds like a pain. I would just adapt the CentOS 6 program.log
>>> commands for your case. That's a 2 minute test. And it ought to work.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with that.  How would I go about adapting the CentOS 6
>> program.log commands?
> I mentioned it in the last two posts yesterday on this subject.

Ok.  I'll give that a try tomorrow.  Just a couple of questions.

install --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 /grub/stage1 d (hd0,1) /grub/stage2 p
(hd0,1)/grub/grub.conf

It looks like this mixes paths relative to root and relative to /boot.
Did your test system have a separate /boot partition?  The --stage2
argument is "os stage2 file" according to my man page. Should this be
relative to root even with a separate /boot partition?

Also, why are the exact same root and install commands run twice in the
log you show?  Is that just a duplicate, or does it need to be run twice
for some reason?

grub> root (hd0,1)
grub> install --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 /grub/stage1 d (hd0,1)

--
Bowie