[CentOS] CentOS 5 grub boot problem

Thu Aug 6 23:24:08 UTC 2015
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Now I get to look back at OP's first email and see
> if he did this exact same thing already, and whether we've come full
> circle.

Shit. He did.

All I can think of is that either the GRUB/BIOS device designations
are wrong (they should be (hd2) or (hd3) I can't actually tell how
many drives are connected to this system when all of this is
happening) so the bootloader is installing to a totally different
drive. Or yeah, there is in fact some goofy incompatibility with an
HBA where it gets to stage 1.5 and then implosion happens. *shrug*

--
Chris Murphy