[CentOS] Skype on CentOS

Sun Aug 9 20:08:04 UTC 2015
Andrew Daviel <advax at triumf.ca>

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015, Liam O'Toole wrote:

> On 2015-08-06, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>
> wrote:
>>
>> If you're not stuck on CentOS 5...

It would be nice, as that's what we're still using in production.

> That article seems unnecessarily complicated, at least as far as CentOS
> 6 and 7 are concerned. Skype is in the nux-dextop repository (which
> repository is mentioned in the article), so a simple 'yum install skype'
> will do the trick.

Thanks. I missed that - hadn't heard of nux-dextop - but I did find a
specfile. Skype works, but not sending video. I see that the nux RPM
installs libv4l.i686 which I was missing, but that didn't help.
I've installed xawtv.i686 and removed xawtv.x86_64 so I can see that
32-bit video is working, but still not in Skype. It shows the graphic
card, but doesn't actually send.
If I plug in my infrared camera on USB, that works, but at TRIUMF I want
to use the installed Sony PTZ cameras, not some cheap USB thing.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada