[CentOS] dd iso to flash drive

Thu Aug 13 19:30:08 UTC 2015
Thomas Eriksson <thomas.eriksson at slac.stanford.edu>

On 08/13/2015 11:34 AM, Digimer wrote:
> Booting from the USB requires that there is a syslinux directory to boot
> off of. In EL6, there is only isolinux, which is what booting from a DVD
> uses. You should be able to copy isolinux to syslinux, rename the files
> from s/iso/sys/ and then update syslinux.cfg to point to the USB drive
> to boot from. Here's an example from my setup:

Perhaps something went wrong with the 6.7 DVD, I haven't tested yet.
It is definitely supposed to work by just using dd to a USB stick.
Both 6.5 and 6.6 DVDs works just fine and so does the 6.7-network-
install iso. I just installed a node 10 minutes ago using that one
booted from a USB stick.

	Thomas